Not too long ago, a good friend of mine suggested that I start watching The Office on Netflix. This was probably the best advice I have gotten in the past few months. The Office is more than a show, it’s an experience. It makes you laugh so hard you need to pause Netflix, because you find yourself in another realm of mental being. It takes your heart and pulls at the strings, resulting in a tear-stained pillow and a fleet of used tissues scattered around your bed. It also makes you think about your past and possibly current relationships, and you eventually ask yourself “Why don’t I have a Jim Halpert/Pam Beesly in my life?”*
Without further ado, here are 11 reasons why we should all aspire to be in a Jim Halpert and Pam Beesly relationship:
1) You started out as best friends. This is probably the best way to start any type of relationship. The basis of a mutually respectable friendship is a strong foundation for *more* than just friends. Plus, when you take it to the next level and call each other boyfriend and girlfriend, you’re also best friends! Now, who wouldn’t want that.
2) You’re not afraid to be yourself. Jim and Pam are goofballs in their own right. Why would you want to be with someone who doesn’t appreciate the real you?
3) You enjoy the same things. For example, pranking your coworkers. Aka: Dwight K. Schrute.
4) You miss each other when you’re away. It’s the worst feeling in the world when your other half is missing. Hopefully, you can still function, it just stinks not having your best friend there.
5) You couldn’t see yourself with anyone else but that special someone. Who needs Roy anyway.
6) And when you find that someone, you will stop at nothing to be with them, regardless of obstacles standing in your way. Especially if it’s a known, mutual attraction. Also *ahem* Roy.
7) No matter your mood, they always manage to make you smile. 🙂
8) Plus, you don’t even have to do anything in particular, just being around them is enough. Isn’t that the goal? To enjoy someone’s presence so much that no matter what you’re doing…you’re happy?
9) They will support you through all the ups and downs. When you’re having a bad day, they’re the first person you turn to for help.
10) Even your friends have been supporting the relationship long before you made it official. Which, in some instances, is a pretty big deal.
11) And through all the trials and tribulations, you wouldn’t change a thing about your journey together. ❤
Jim Halpert and Pam Beesly 4 ever!
*authors note: if you watch The Office and don’t ask yourself this question at least once every episode, are you even paying attention to the show? Come on now.